Saturday, December 22, 2007

MOVIE: Enchanted

As Enchanted starts we see Giselle (Amy Adams) as her 2-D animation self. We open with Giselle looking for her true love hoping that one day she will find that one. Just as it happens during Giselle singing, Prince Edwards (James Marsden) who is outside of his castle troll-hunting hears her voice and knows that they are meant to be together. One person who doesn't approve of this matching is the Queen of the kingdom, Queen Narissa (who is played by Susan Sarandon) and she will do anything to ensure that her kingdoms stays to be her kingdom. So the plan she plays on Giselle is a treacherous one, she sends Giselle down into what seems like a never ending well. This well that Giselle has fallen into leads to the one place no one who expect, the real world New York. When she arrive she sticks out like a sore thumb and nothing seem to be like the life she had back home. Giselle tries everything she can to get back. While up on a billboard she meets Robert Philip (Patrick Dempsey) and his daughter. They try to help her and giving her a place to stay for the night, not something Robert had wanted to do. From here Giselle gets help cleaning the house from the local animal populace inhabiting New York City, and later singing the song, "That's How You Know" and getting everyone around her to join in a large musical number in Central Park. All awhile Prince Edward has come to New York to find Giselle with the help of a Squirrel. Everything leads up to a confrontation of the two that leads to them going to a ballroom party.

From right off the git go I wanted to see Enchanted. I remember sitting in the theater when I first saw the trailer for this movie and as I was walking out I said that I think this will be a good movie. I was right.

Now I am a huge fan of old classic Disney films like Jungle Book, Dumbo, Snow White and all other 2D animation film, but as new technology came into play with studios like Pixar no one really do not make 2D films anymore. Which with Enchanted we get to see the beginning of the story in 2D before we transfer into the real world. I thought those scenes where nicely done. the animation was sharp and fresh. Then we move into real time and that were it gets good. We see all the cliche Disney film actions like a song and dance scenes and a group of animals helping out with house choirs, here they make fun of those.

All the acting was fun, my favorite character was the squirrel his scene were funny. Everything leads to a somewhat in my opinion of a cheesy Climax with the villain's(Susan Sarandon) monster dragon. Other than that I thought the movie was a fun couple hours to spend. I have some good fun. I would recommend this movie.

No comments: