Friday, December 21, 2007

DVD: The Simpson Movie

Its has took a very, very long time to get the hit television show, the Simpson to the big screen. But its finally here. The Simpson Movie seems to start off good with a beginning showing a Itchy and Scratch clip, then we go to a Green Day concert and get a good Titanic reference. The story seems to take a view on the Environment issue. Springfield is falling apart and Lisa take responsibility to clean it up, they get the town to a good place again. Only to find out Homer ruined the town by dumping a large tank of pig feces, yes feces, in to the lake. From there the EPA leader ask President Arnold Schwarzenegger, yes he become president I guess, to pick a solution to deal with Springfield. The President pick number three solution the EPA leader ask if he's sure and that he should read them, he replies with a funny line: "I was elected to lead, not to read." The solution was to confine Springfield in a large dome. When the Simpson family escapes from a large mob who was trying to kill Homer for putting them in this situation. they wait awhile trying to live in there new home in Alaska but then go on a quest to save their town.

While I have always liked The Simpson's, and have been waiting for a Simpson's Movie for the longest time. I must say I was sort of disappointed with this movie. At times I was laughing, but for me that was to far in between. For it seem that the writers did re-use some plot ideas/stories and just stick them in the movie. That normally doesn't just work. The acting, much like in the television is always superb. Another thing that I was disappointed in was that the sub-characters, didn't get that much screen time has I would have wished. ***One last pet peeve that I had was I wish that the movie had The Simpson's opening just like the show, but that's just me.*** I would recommend The Simpson Movie.

DVD

The Simpson's Movie is presented in anamorphic 2.40:1 widescreen with English 5.1 Dolby Digital along with English, French and Spanish subtitles. The Features include:
  • Commentary.
  • Directors Commentary.
  • Deleted Scenes and A Slight Alternate Ending.
  • Special Stuff.
  • A Lot Of Trailers.

The DVD was also just OK, it has a decent amount of features to keep anyone content. While I would have like to see the whole making of the movie in maybe a "Making Of" featurette. Overall I thought with movie being just OK for me I really didn't care that much for the features. I would say that this DVD is just a rent.

No comments: