Friday, December 21, 2007

DVD: National Treasure (SE)

When a young Benjamin Gate first learns about the history of his family dating way back in 1832. That one of the last signers of the Declaration of Independence told told Gates about a treasure that has been around for a long time. Before that signer died he told the Gates family member the last secrets about that treasure to him. Since then the Gates family has been in search for that treasure only to find more clues. Years later as Benjamin Gates grows up (Nicolas Cage) he too is on the hunt to find that treasure. It has lead them to the Antarctic where Gates, his financial partner Ian (Sean Bean) and Ben's sidekick Riley (Justin Bartha) are there they find a lost ship called the Charlotte where they find another clue telling them that there's a map on the back of the Declaration of Independence. Ian and Ben have two didn't ideas what to do next and the two have a falling out.

While back in the States Ben and Riley try to figure out how to stop Ian from getting the Declaration, there guess is by stealing it themselves. Once they get the Declaration they are joined by Abigail Chase (Diane Kruger) and soon after that Patrick Gate (Jon Voight) who is Ben's father.

Even more clues take them to Philadelphia to Washington in search for this treasure, on this wonderful thrill ride.

I've always been a huge History buff and any movie that containing anything about our nations past or anything about history I'm all for. National Treasure for me was a huge surprise. I was think that this movie is going to do really bad because I really don't like Nicolas Cage, just have never like the way he acts in movies, but I must say I was surprised I thought he was really good and funny at times. The one person I really like was The sidekick Riley (played by Justin Bartha) he I thought was great all his remark are hilarious and great.

The story is fun and good, my favorite part in the movie would have to be the stealing of the Declaration, it was really intense, especially in the car chase. The rest of the acting does a solid job with a good acting by Jon Voight and Harvey Keitel. The whole movie had for me the feel of a Indiana Jones movie great action, good story and in the end it all fun. Overall I really liked this movie and I Recommend National Treasure.

DVD

National Treasure Special Edition comes with two disc loaded with features and is presented in 2.35:1 widescreen, with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound and French and Spanish subtitles. The features include:
  • Alternate Ending with Optional Director's Commentary.
  • Deleted Scenes With Optional Director's Commentary.
  • Opening Scene Animatic With Optional Director's Commentary.
  • Four Featurette Gem:
    "National Treasure On Location"
    "The Knights Templar"
    "Treasure Hunters Revealed"
    "Riley's Decode This!" - Plus 3 Puzzle Challenges
  • Additional Deleted Scenes With Intros by Director John Turteltaub.
  • A Treasure Trove of Featurettes:
    "Ciphers, Codes & Codebreakers"
    "On The Set Of American History"
    "To Steal A National Treasure"
    "Exploding Charlotte"

Since I really liked this movie, I was really interested with everything that was on the DVD. The one thing that really caught my eye was the featurette of "Ciphers, Codes & Codebreakers" I was really interested with everything they had to say about the different types of different types of Codes. The one problem I thought it was too short I was really want to learn more after the feature was done. Overall this is a great DVD packed with features. I would recommend this as a Buy.

No comments: