Thursday, December 20, 2007

DVD: Balls Of Fury

When Randy Daytona (Dan Fogler) loses his cool and his father to the game of ping pong, he never wants to play another match for the rest of his life. A couple of years later, he is approach by a CIA agent (George Lopez) who wants his help to infiltrate Fengs organization, while the only way in is through is to get into an invitation that only goes to the best ping pong players. While Randy has been out of the game hes been rusty so they go to someone who can help him come back to the game of ping pong he is Master Wong. There Randy meets Maggie Wong (Maggie Q). As Randy gets better he's accepted into the tournament. There he meet the one man who beat him those year before where he lost at the games, Karl Wolfschtagg (who is played by writer Thomas Lennon). We also meet Feng who is played by a funny Christopher Walken.

When I first saw Ball Of Fury in the movie theater, I would have to have had one of my worst experiences of my life. First the movie's projection only was way to big for the screen and it took them about a half an hour to fix it and when they did it still overlapped. The sound was horrible. And to top it all off there were two people who were very obnoxious, during the whole thing. But back to the review, sorry for that rant.

Aside from that i enjoyed for the most part of the movie, the whole cast I thought where good in their own right, and very funny was Feng (Christopher Walken) who has the Ping Pong games at his hide out, he has this small nosies and face he makes which is great. I have always been a fan of the Comedy Central series Reno 911!, and Balls of Fury were made by the same people and they do a great job and I really enjoyed the movie for what it was. While I do like this movie I can't recommend this movie because I know this will only appeal to a select view, As much I want people to see this I would say skip and just wait for DVD.

DVD

Balls Of Fury is presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen with English 5.1 Dolby Digital. Along with English, Spanish and French subtitles. The features are as followed:
  • Deleted Scenes.
  • Alternate Ending.
  • Balls Out: The Making of Balls Of Fury.
  • Under the Balls: The Life of a Ball Wranger.

As watching Balls Of Fury in the comfort of my my good o' room I have to say I enjoyed Ball of Fury a lot more than I didn't last time when I saw it at the theaters. One thing that I really like was the "Making of" feature it made me look at the film from a new perspective, that Balls Of Fury is really a kung fu movie without fight scenes and they are are exchanged with ping pong matches. One issue I had with this DVD was that their was no Commentary, something I really like on DVDs. Rather disappointed with the DVD but not the movie, I really liked this one. I would say this is a Rent.

No comments: