Saturday, December 29, 2007

DVD: The Kingdom

When a baseball game is being played full of men, woman and children in Saudi Arabia gets attacked by terrorists in broad daylight, the FBI wants to come in and investigate. When they get there they are basically told that they can only walk around the crime scene and not touch anything. Realizing that no one here will help them. They talk to the prince himself to have them investigate to catch these killer. All awhile the attackers are planning there next targets, the FBI agents. Everything leads to a 30 minutes of nothing but intense non-stop action for any action fan.

From right off the bat The Kingdom grabbed my attention. Right away I was on the edge of my seat and throughout I never sat back. The whole story had me going. I thought Jamie Foxx had a solid performance as Ronald Fleury, after his friend dies he tries everything to get him and his other co-workers over to Saudi Arabia to investigate. The One who also stood out for me was Jason Bateman he had the most funniest moments throughout the movie as well as Jeremy Piven, in his very brief moments on the screen. Mind you Jennifer Garner, Chris Cooper and the rest of the cast do great jobs also.

Peter Berg does a great job for me, I thought the hand-held camera was the way to go mostly during the last 30 minutes when its nothing but action. The camera makes us feel that we are right there in the middle of all the stuff that going on where its when the characters are searching around for clue or if its during a gun battle or car chase through the streets of Saudi Arabia.

I was never bored waiting for something big to happen. During The Kingdom I was constantly on the edge of my seat with the story. This is a very good movie and that is why I recommend The Kingdom.

DVD

The Kingdom DVD is presented in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with English 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound along with both Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby. With English, Spanish and French subtitles. The Feature include:
  • Deleted Scenes.
  • Character by Character: The Apartment Shootout.
  • Constructing the Freeway Sequence.
  • Creating the Kingdom.
  • History Of The Kingdom: An Interactive Timeline.
  • Commentary With Director Peter Berg.

The Kingdom DVD is pretty well packed with special features. Everything fits together nicely and it goes along with a very good entertaining movie. Some of the features are about the action sequences from the making of the car/freeway sequence are good and funny to watch. Overall everything is a great addition. I would recommend The Kingdom DVD as a Buy.

No comments: