Saturday, September 30, 2006

DVD: Hard Candy

Hard Candy was one of those films most people won't like, mostly because it has such a true story-line(except for the torture). A lot of people will find this one offensive.

I once remembered reading that I heard that there once was a be controversy on the topics and issues that this film shows.

When I first saw Hard Candy I became very irritated at the film mostly because it kept we wonder were to I remember the actress 'Ellen Page' and then after a bout of a couple of hours and I remember, X-men: the Last Stand, she played Kitty Pryde.

Ellen Page did an amazing job in this film, and also Patrick Wilson but the one who really stood out in my opinion was Ellen Page.

This was a kind of film that really made you use you brain while you watch this film then during the film something happens and it will force you to rethink, like 'What the hell just happen' This is really great because it keeps up on the edge of suspense. There was one point in the film where I kept yelling into the screen because I was so into the film. Which made that a great film.

Hard Candy is those kind of films, that will either you love it or hate it. I am a big fan of indie film mostly because to me they have a much more story-line that make you think, instead of most of the Studio production were they care more about the box office and the action in a film.

The Film is a definite watch if this one is still playing in a theater around you go out right now and see it you will not regret it.

DVD

Specs.

Hard Candy is presented in 16x9 Widescreen with 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital Sound. With English and Spanish Subtitles. The Special Features of this DVD include:


  • Commentary with Director David Slade and Writer Brian Nelson.
  • Commentary with the actors Patrick Wilson and Ellen Page.
  • Deleted and Extended Scenes.
  • 'Creating Hard Candy" Making Of-Documentary
  • "Controversial Confection" Minifeaturette
  • DVD-Rom Production Notebook.
  • Theatrical Trailer.

The DVD Special Features of Hard Candy really surprised me, it was a great addition to the film. My favorite part in the Special Features were the 'Making-Of' Feature. Mostly because of the Of it was broken down into to different sections like From the Writing of the Script all the way to the Marketing and Sales of the Script.This is one of those features that I love to watch in a film.

Overall this DVD adds a great addition to the already amazing story and acting so I would have to say that this DVD is a Must Buy for any movie fan and DVD collector.

No comments: